- What is Rapper?
- The Trophies
- Premier Class
- Olympic Class
- Open Class
- Stage Competition
- Black Swan Rapper
- Flesh Wound
- Hoddesdon Crownsmen
- Mabel Gubbins
- Maltby Phoenix Sword
- Mons Meg Rapper
- Newcastle Kingsmen
- Northgate Rapper
- Rockingham Rapper
- Sallyport Sword Dancers
- Sisters in Arms
- Star & Shadow
- Stone Monkey
- Tees Hyde Steel
- Triskele Sword
- Warwick Rapper
- White Swan
- Traditional Competition
- Hosts Thrales Rapper
Traditional - Winlaton (White Star)
There is another notation for Blue Star + Jack Atkin teaching.
Winlaton White Star, 1930
- Betty in Bonnet/dress encourages dancers with 'wild and uncouth cries'
- Calling on song - 7 verses, stepping between each
- Whistle ~ 160 beats per minute
- Tenpenny bit alternating with Irish Whiskey to match the figure 'B' played for the ring
- Not normal jig stepping, but 'vigourous and rhythmic'
- 'Rapid elastic walking step'
- On video RrLlRrLlRrLlRrLl Roll & Stamp
- Clash. All move clockwise, left arm over shoulder in front, swords up to centre 8 beats.
- Clash. Sword left shoulder. Step 8
- Nut 1,5 arch; 234 underneath, turn counterclockwise. Tie lock smartly
- Rose Raise lock horizontally above heads
- Ring Spin, short steps; 1 turn left +2,3 followed by 4,5
- 'difficult to exaggerate the force and energy with which it was executed'
- 'breathless speed', mostly a circular dance
- Shorter swords i.e. 22"
- Strong chorus - Nut, Rose, RING. Variations on stepping.
(Based on Sharp, more collected later)
- The Needle - Figure 8, 3 swap
- The Fiddler - 1,5 face up, 3 in middle. Step. 3 jumps up, 5 sword swings forward.
- Mary Anne - 3 stands. 1,2 clockwise; 5,4 counterclockwise. Meet at front, dance round opposite pair & reverse track. (NB: cross inside, inside then outside x2)
- The Roll - 1,2,3,4 move counterclockwise. 5 turns on spot clockwise twice.
- Straight Line - 45312. Step. Lock into Nut, Rose, Ring into line. 1 raises lock.
18 figures collected Sharp, Cawte, Atkin